Sunday, January 11, 2009

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Now that the holidays are officially over we spent the week getting back into a routine.

No, donuts are not part of the regular routine, but they do qualify us for the Parents of the Year award, when we let Jack have one for breakfast!


There are many rumblings that next week will be EXTREMELY cold. We made sure to get outside as much as possible while we could.


My resolution for this year is to make sure that I spend more time playing with the boys. Sam's playing is limited to just a few minutes these days, and he would prefer just to be snuggled. It seems when Sam wants to be snuggled, Jack wants to play trains. I got tired of dealing with the guilt of not being able to snuggle Sam and play with Jack, so I took the advice of Tom's cousin, Britt, and purchased a Moby Wrap. I LOVE it! Now I can attend to both of my boys' needs, and put my "mommy guilt" to rest! I HIGHLY recommend this wrap. I have gone through three different ones in order to find the "right fit" for me.


Tom even wanted in on the Moby Wrap, and since it can hold up to 35lbs. we decided to put it to work. Hold on Jackers!


It is so exciting that we are now getting real smiles from Sam. He is such a happy little guy, and very willing to flash us one of these heart-melting smiles whenever we talk to him.


I bet you wish you could have a cool elephant towel!

0 comments: