Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas


Our journey home for the holidays started out at 9:00 on Tuesday night. It was the "ideal" weather time to leave, as we were in-between snowstorms. Jack was thrilled as he got to eat "cheese" from "Donald's" and drink "hottie" (chocolate milk). Sam was a SUPER traveler, and only required one stop. Tom and I felt like Parents of the Year, but we arrived safely at 1:30 AM.


After seeing the way Jack's eyes lit up when he first saw the Christmas tree, I truly understood the "magic" of Christmas.


While Jack was focusing on Christmas trees and Santa, Sam was just trying to focus.


Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas. Tom and I couldn't ask for anything more for Christmas...we are blessed with so many wonderful things. Two happy, healthy little boys, a wonderful family, and many good friends!


Can you say a little too comfortable? Tom and my dad have come a long way since the days of Tom throwing rocks at my window when we were in high school!


I'll get these gifts open one way or another!


Some assembly required. It is a good thing that Jack likes using tools.


Grandma and Jack had fun decorating cookies after opening gifts. I don't think their new kitchen floor will ever be the same!


The weekend after Christmas we traveled to Northern Minnesota for the annual Borchardt Family Christmas. There were 37 of us there with only 6 missing. Sam had a great time being introduced to, rather held, by everyone!


Nice shades. I'm not sure where Uncle Marc found these, but sure am glad I don't have to be with him when he wears them.


Man hug!


Too much Christmas!


Sam told Grandma a bunch of stories before we got on the road to head back to Milwaukee. Thanks for the wonderful Christmas!

0 comments: