Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Cheating" Hearts

Much love filled the air in the Hanks House as we prepared for Valentine's Day.


Creating our Valentine masterpieces.


Modeling our Valentine masterpieces. Don't deny it you wish you had one!


My Grandma Dorothy was known for her famous, paper-thin, perfectly decorated Christmas cookies. I decided to try my hand at it an FAILED miserably! When I attempted to roll out the dough I couldn't understand why it kept sticking, and the cookies crumbled to dust. After many curse words (the boys were sound asleep in bed) and becoming more frustrated, as Tom "offered" up suggestions, I realized that I had put in two cups of butter rather than one. I cleaned everything up and decided I would attempt it again the next day.


Attempt #2 worked, because I totally "cheated"!


Jack didn't know the difference, and had a ton of fun decorating the cookies.


Who is your stylist? Maybe you could help with the Oscar hairdos...


Sam is tired of being inside. He decided that if he busted out his bunny jammies maybe the Easter Bunny would bring spring by a little earlier!

0 comments: