Sunday, March 22, 2009

Outside Fun

The weather has finally started to warm up! Thank goodness, as we were all getting a little stir-crazy. This week's adventures included a few trips to the park, an outing to Chicago, and the zoo.


We met Miles, Lindsay, Jen and Brooklyn at the park. It was fun to watch Miles and Jack play together. Brooklyn and Sam looked on enviously from their strollers, but thought it would be more fun to take a nap.








This week Sam hit another big milestone...no more swaddle. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little teary packing the swaddles away. My baby is getting so big and needs his freedom, even when his sleeps.


Although Sam doesn't need the swaddle, he still enjoys being snuggled. He found Meema's arms an especially comfy spot. My mom had the week off so she came down to hang out with us for a few days. I can't wait until she and my dad are able to retire, and spend even more time with us. It is kind of funny how things go full circle. I remember when I couldn't wait to be out of the house on my own, and now that I am I can't wait until the next time my parents come down for a visit.


Jack coaxed Meema into playing Play Doh. I must say she is quite the Play Doh Artist.


Papa came down to pick Meema up after our fun week. We had a great time going to the zoo. Jack was a lucky little guy and had the opportunity to ride the merry-go-round, and then the train. Like I said before, it is funny about how things come full circle. When my brother and I were little, we would have had to choose one of the fun activities, but all Jack has to do is flash those big brown eyes at Papa, say "please" and they are off doing another fun thing. He is definitely Papa's boy!

0 comments: