Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day Out With Thomas

We made a trip to Green Bay with the Jaegers for some camping, and a little surprise for the boys...a visit to the National Railway Museum, complete with a ride on Thomas the Train! It was so much fun to see Jack so excited about this adventure. So many times in the days leading up to the trip I wanted to tell him what we were going to go do, but I held out for the "big" day!


"What is that I hear? Could it be a train whistle?!?!?!" It amazes me how tuned into train whistles/horns Jack's ears are, we live about a mile from a set of train tracks and can often hear them. Whenever we are playing outside and hear a train horn he stops what he is doing and lets you know that he heard it.


Can you EXCITED?!?!?!?


"I'm all set with my ticket!"


Sam was more interested in eating his ticket.


Tom and Jack testing out the handcar.


We're not really sure why, but when Jack gets scared he covers his ears, it cracks us up every time he does this. He did not like Sir Topham Hat at all!


Enjoying the campfire back at our campsite. We were pleasantly surprised by how well both of the boys did camping. We're excited to take them on more camping trips this summer.


At least one day each weekend Tom treats us to pancakes. This weekend was no exception. Tom and Chris decided to try their hand at a little pancake art. Lindsay was the lucky recipient of this work of art.


Each week when I download pics from my camera there is always one or two, and sometimes many more, that Jack has taken. Sometimes they are pretty interesting, seeing the world from a two year old's view. I must say that he did a pretty good job taking Miles' photo this time.

0 comments: