Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Father's Day and Belated Mother's Day


I mentioned at our last Well Baby Check-up that Sam would have to have surgery to correct his tongue. He was born tongue tied and we decided to wait rather than have Dr. Kessen snip it right away in the hospital. We were watching him carefully to see that he nursed well and had a good latch. OBVIOUSLY he doesn't have ANY problems nursing. The reason for the correction was that he had a hard time getting his tongue up to the roof of his mouth, which could cause speech issues down the road.

So off to the ENT we went. Dr. Kass performed the outpatient surgery, and assured us that he would be done in 10 minutes or less. He wasn't kidding! Once they took Sam away, Dr. Kass was back minutes later saying that everything went well, and Sam should be back in the room in just a few more moments. I couldn't believe it!


After the surgery, and happy as a clam...yes, another new nickname...Sam the Clam!


A view from Jack.


Remember how I saying that I thought it was interesting to look at the photos Jack has been taking...yeah not so excited to see this one! BELIEVE me I caught a bunch of flack from Tom. I normally do not take a nap during the day, contrary to his belief of me eating bon bons, watching Oprah, and napping all day. (I know he really doesn't think this, just likes to tease me. Who Tom? Tease? No!) The one time I do lay down for a few minutes I am totally busted!


Jen and Brooklyn came over for a visit. Jen was my saving grace on the whole tongue surgery event. She was so helpful, as Brooklyn had the same thing done awhile back. I bet I called/emailed her 20+ times with different questions. Thanks Jen!


My mom had a few days off, so she decided to come down and hang out with us. I took advantage of having her down and had a rummage. I ended up making a killing on all of my maternity clothes, the clothes the boys have outgrown, and my teaching stuff.

Jack enjoyed the extra freedom, as mom and I were occupied getting stuff ready for the rummage. Here is our little mastermind at work!


When my parents were down for Memorial Day weekend I had hoped to sneak away with just my mom and go out for dinner, to celebrate Mother's Day. That obviously didn't happen with Sam's little hospital incident a few weeks ago. This time we were able to head out for a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We had a great time, and it certainly made us realize that we need to do it more often!


My helpers, helping to wrap Tom's Father's Day gift. Lucky guy received a new cordless drill. I figured maybe it would help him get the bathroom finished a little sooner!


Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the WHOLE world!

I must say that Jack and Sam are so lucky to have a dad like Tom. He is so patient, caring and loving with the boys. It is very evident that they think the world of him too. Each day when Jack hears the backdoor open he stops whatever he is doing, gets a look of sheer excitement on his face, and excitedly exclaims "Daddy's home!!!!" and then runs off to go give him a hug. Sam gives him the biggest dimple-showing smile when he sees him. I'm sure by next Father's Day he'll be getting tackled by having both boys race to greet him when he gets home each day. Thanks for being such an AMAZING father!

0 comments: