Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer is HERE!

What a FUN, yet CRAZY week. Meema was still in Milwaukee hanging out with us when we received a phone call asking if we would be interested in meeting some friends at the zoo. We were SUPER excited for her to come along and meet some of the friends that she always hears so much about!


We patiently waited in "Gathering Place" for Marisa and her daughter Evelyn, along with Jen and Brooklyn. While we were waiting Jack decided he would occupy himself....


This is the only close up I took of Jack and Evelyn together. They are about 6 months apart, and I am sad to say that this is the first time they have met. We sure hope that we can make time to meet up some more!


Attempt #1 of trying to get a photo with everyone. (Thanks Meema for being our photographer!)


Attempt #2


Attempt #3 After the yogurt drink spilled we thought it would be best if we gave up!


It was one of the hottest days we have had so far, so we thought we would cool off by taking a dip in our pool. Even myself and Meema joined in the fun, don't worry I'll spare you the photos of the bathing beauties!


Sam really enjoyed floating around in the boat.


What a sweetie pie!

We had a BUSY weekend in Eau Claire planned so Tom took Friday off and we headed up for all of the festivities on Thursday evening. Both boys did a great job with the drive, but I'd be lying if I said Tom and I didn't discuss getting a dvd player for the van, to help ease the "pain" of the long drive.


What is she doing? For some reason Meema thinks it is super funny to play her harmonica for the boys...hopefully this isn't the only memory they keep of her!


As soon as Jack learned how to walk Papa Tim has been begging us to let him get a tag-along. Tom and I were doubtful that Jack would even get on the bike, but as Dave, from "Papa's bike shop" said, "Don't you know kids will do ANYTHING for their grandparents?!?!" Well guess what?!?!?! Dave was right! Jack blew us away and hopped right on the back all set to go for a ride. At that very moment I realized just how much he has grown. My sappy mom moment was over when I heard Jack say, "Papa I like my new bike!" My dad turned to me and had look on his face like "now what are YOU going to do?!?!" My response was, "don't look at me, I'm not the one that wanted to put him on the thing!" Needless to say Dave ended up working out a deal with my dad and now Jack has his "big bike" (complete with helmet) at Papa and Meema's house.


Yes, even I took Jack for a spin on the tag-along in my pj's.


After the bike shop episode we headed over the Grandma and Papa Tom's to pick them up for an adventure to Minnesota. Tom's goddaughter, Alex, graduated from high school and was throwing a party to celebrate. Before we could leave we had to feed the fish of course!


Somehow Jack got a hold of the camera and snapped this lovely shot.


I think Jack had at least three pieces of cake while we were at the party. Every time I went to check on him he was coaxing someone into getting him another piece! Congratulations Alex!


My cousin, Joy, was married in January in California, to her WONDERFUL husband Rob. We were so excited to celebrate at their reception back in Eau Claire. What a CUTE couple...CONGRATULATIONS!


What a rare opportunity to get all of us (minus Marc, plus our dear friend Adam) in a photo together.


Jack was super excited to play with his cousins. (Let's just say that I learned my lesson about dressing a two year old in light colored clothes and then letting him play with his cousins on a golf course!)


I am very proud to say that I was able to get pine sap out of his hair and shirt, along with the strawberry stain on his pants. Something tells me that this will not be the first time my stain removing abilities are put to the test!


Jack and Ethan had so much fun playing together.


Sam was content to just hang out with me for the evening.

0 comments: