Sunday, April 5, 2009

First Class Travelers

After much anticipation the day final arrived. Jack, Sam and I flew to Arkansas to visit one of my dearest friends, Becky, and her two children, Emmie and Ben. We had a great time, and look forward to going back. Thanks for the great Southern hospitality.


Jack was so excited to fly on the plane. I, on the other hand was SUPER nervous. I usually need a little liquid courage to get on a plane, but knowing that I would be traveling with two little guys, a couple of drinks was not an option.


The boys were both WONDERFUL travelers. I wouldn't hesitate to get on a plane alone with them again. In fact we received compliments from those around us on each flight, about our great behavior.


All 4 kids leaving the airport in Little Rock. Man, if you would have asked me 3 years ago if I would ever be traveling down the road in a minivan with four children and only one other adult, and be enjoying it, my answer certainly would have been "no." Boy how life changes!


Sam really enjoyed playing with Emmie. She could get the BIGGEST grins and giggles out of him.


Just lounging in the hammock.


Just like old times. Becky and I met through work and then became great friends when we started walking together to shed our "baby weight" after Jack and Emmie were born. We were able introduce Ben and Sam to our famous long walks, during our visit.

One day our walk lead us to the Big Dam Bridge, yes that is really the name of it. It is named this because it spans over a dam in the Arkansas River.


I attempted to get as much of the Big Dam Bridge in the photo. The bridge itself is close to 1 mile long.


After 5 days of hanging out it was time to get back on the plane. I can't tell you how badly I wished Becky, Emmie and Ben were getting on the plane to come back to Milwaukee with us. However, that just isn't in the cards, and we are so happy for the new life they have been able to start in Arkansas. Thanks for the fun times!

The trip home was pretty easy. We were even in the company of a celebrity on the flight from Memphis. While I was attempting to get our seats changed so Jack and I would be sitting together, an older couple came up and started talking to the boys while they were in the stroller. After I had our new boarding passes I was able to join the conversation with the couple. I kept looking at the guy, thinking, I know you. He didn't look at me like he was trying to place me, and then his wife started talking, and it hit me! We were talking Bart Starr (the former Packer) and his wife Cherry! I didn't ask him for his autograph, and didn't even think to ask for a picture with the boys. Oh, well, you'll just have to take my word for it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Cute pics! We miss you all so much! Today at lunch Emmie said "Excuse me, Jack. That's too much food in your mouth." I about died! Which one of us said that?

~Becky