Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a WONDERFUL Easter. All of the grandparents were able to come down to Milwaukee and help us celebrate. Thanks for making the long haul, even knowing that we would have a makeshift bathroom!


When I was a kid, my mom found a really cool way to dye eggs, so they looked like marbles. I searched for the recipe and found what I was looking for, or so I thought.... The eggs didn't turn out the as beautiful as I had hoped, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to Jack they were the most amazing looking eggs he had ever seen.


The Easter Bunny came!!!! Jack was so excited to hunt for eggs. Great Grandma Arlys would have been proud. The Easter Bunny left a yard full of eggs and even a sand pail to collect them in, just like when I was a kid.


More eggs!

At the end of the hunt the boys found baseball t's, Brewers gear, clothes, toys, and their Easter bonnets (aka. summer hats). Boy that Easter Bunny sure was good to them this year!


The boys took their first bath together, now that Sam is more stable in a sitting position. He loved chewing on the little rollers on his seat, and didn't even mind when Jack would splash him. Now if it were the other way around, that would be a different story.


I'll get that truck if it's the last thing I do! Sam still has yet to roll over from his back to his tummy, but he will roll from his tummy to his back. I don't get it...I would think his belly would help him to roll all over, as it looks like a little beach ball!

The bathroom is still under construction, but that didn't stop Jack from having the time of his life with the toilet box!

Help!


Run faster Daddy! Yes, Jack is really in there. I think that the neighbors thought we were crazy running around the yard with our kid in a box.


Swinging in a box is much more fun than a swing!


Making the box pretty!

2 comments:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

OMG...I love that Tom was pulling Jack around in a box...I love it even more that it was the toilet box! The best part...the box says the toilet is 'virtually' clog free! :) Looks like you all had a great Easter. Talk soon!

Tom, Christina, Jack & Sam said...

The guy at the store said you can flush a bucket of golf balls down the toilet! I'm sure living in a house with all boys, that will be tested sooner than later!