Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Meema!

We made the trip to Eau Claire to celebrate a VERY special day for someone VERY special in our lives. Meema turned 29 again! Although the weather wasn't the best we still had a great time celebrating my mom's birthday. Happy birthday mom WE LOVE YOU!!!!


Jack enjoyed digging in the rocks at the park. I have to admit that I HATE pea gravel! Only because when I was teaching the kids at school would bring in "collections" of rocks, and I would find them ALL over our classroom. I swear I could have provided enough gravel for another playground!

Speaking of school, many of you have asked if I am planning to return to work next year...drum roll please...the answer is no. In March I was granted an extended parental leave, which means that I am not required to return to work until the start of the 2010-2011 school year! I feel so blessed that in these economic times we are able to afford to have me at home with boys. I am so thankful to have this time with them, I treasure each and every moment we get to spend together, even the not-so-good ones!


I am so mad at myself, but this is the only picture of my mom from the weekend. In her words it is her better side.


While Meema pushed Sam in the stroller, Jack and Papa followed behind balancing on the retaining walls. These two are inseparable! It is so much fun to watch them together.


Meema chose to go to the "Train Restaurant" aka. Bridge Street Station in Chippewa Falls for her birthday lunch. It is this SUPER cool diner that is totally decked out in train stuff. Jack is in heaven each time we go there!


Jack has begun to show some (and I use the term "some" very loosely!) interest in the potty. We plan to take the whole potty training process slow, and are hoping to be out of diapers by his third birthday. (Wish us luck!)

0 comments: