Sunday, May 3, 2009

Whirlwind Week

We returned home from Eau Claire with one sick kid, and wondering how we were going to keep the other one from getting sick.


Now that it is behind us all I can say is I am sooooooooo thankful that we have been blessed with good health! Dealing with a sick two year old is not fun, not to mention how dry your hands get from washing them 1,000 times a day, in hopes that you don't spread the germs to anyone else. I must say that Jack totally takes after me when he is sick, whinny and only wants to cuddle and watch TV.


Thank goodness we were able to control the fever with meds. When the meds kicked in Jack was back to his old self. The funny story that goes along with the picture is the hole Jack made in his closet. There was a random nail in there that he would go pound, as we have tried desperately to make sure he only pounds nails with his hammer. (Most of the time the hammers are housed on top of the fridge, because they aren't pounding nails.) He came out of his room and announced that he had pounded the nail in his closet, and wanted me to come see the hole. I figured I had better go check it out...to my surprise I found that he had indeed made a hole in his wall...the hammer was promptly put back on the fridge, but Jack was very confused as he had followed the rules and pounded a nail.


We finally were able to grout and seal the tub surround in the bathroom, so the boys had to take their bath in the sink.




Sam's favorite veggie so far has been sweet potatoes. I'm sure those of you who followed the old blog are thankful that I haven't been able to capture the sweet potatoes coming back out yet! Hehe!


Sam has really started to become more active in his excersaucer. I just love this picture of him trying to figure out why the frog spins around every time he touches it. Hopefully the hammer won't find it!


We went to our first Brewers game of the season with our good friends John and Kari. The big kids stayed back at their house with a sitter, while the four of us and Sam went to the game. We had a GREAT time tailgating and cheering the Brewers on.


Sam didn't seem too concerned that Brewers lost, but he sure was interested in the lights at Miller Park.


The camera men at Miller Park must like us. Tom and I have ended up on the jumbotron at past games, and this time Kari and I ended up on TV. It was too funny...John and Tom ran to grab a few more tasty beverages, when all of a sudden both my and Kari's phones started ringing. Her friend and my dad were calling to say that we were on TV. Thank goodness it wasn't my first thought, when the phones rang, that something had happened to one of the big kids. Thanks for inviting us we had a GREAT time!

0 comments: